October 2018 Archives

Naming an executor for your will

Part of creating a plan for your estate and your future will require you to work with individuals you know and trust who will help oversee that your plan is executed the way you intend for it to be. While you can do a lot to clarify how you want your assets distributed, it is imperative that you inform at least someone who can make your vision a reality. At Vandervoort, Christ & Fisher, P.C., we have helped many people in Michigan to create, modify and finalize their estate plans. 

How can I protect my business during a divorce?

Your business could be at risk if you wind up getting divorced. For instance, you may be required to split earnings with your ex, or you might even lose full control of your business if your former spouse is able to claim part ownership. Inc. offers the following information to business owners in Michigan to ensure their most valuable assets remains protected.

How can I talk to my kids about divorce?

The way you talk to your kids about an impending divorce can impact them for the rest of their lives. That’s why it’s crucial that parents do so in a kind and loving manner, especially when custody issues will be a factor in the divorce proceedings. Parents Magazine offers a few tips on having this difficult discussion, which will help you ease the emotional burden on your children.

Providing for your disabled child after your death

Estate planning in Michigan can ensure your assets are distributed according to your wishes after your death. If you have a child with a mental or physical disability, or if they need someone to oversee their affairs, this is critical. At Vandervoort, Christ & Fisher, P.C., our experienced team can help set up a trust that provides for your child without jeopardizing their government benefits.

What happens to military pension in divorce?

If your spouse is a member of the military, you may wonder if you have any claim to his or her military pension in your divorce settlement in Michigan. While the law does not require that you get a portion of the pension, the law does allow for the court to divide it as an asset in a divorce, according to the U.S. Department of Defense.

Get The Help You Need Today

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Email Our Firm
Toll Free: 877-753-1211 | Phone: 269-841-5934 | Fax: 269-965-0646

The Battle Creek Tower
70 Michigan Avenue West
Suite 450
Battle Creek, MI 49017

Toll Free: 877-753-1211
Phone: 269-841-5934
Fax: 269-965-0646
Map & Directions

Coldwater Executive Suites
28 West Chicago Street
Suite 2B
Coldwater, MI 49036

Toll Free: 877-753-1211
Phone: 269-841-5934
Fax: 269-965-0646
Map & Directions